The Banking Service Provider API, app registry and key provisioning is handled internally by Sage on request.
COMING SOON If you are a banking or financial service provider and wish to connect your service to the Sage Banking Service, register your interest by emailing us here.
Provider API requirements
- Transactions should be sent in the same order as they appear on the account statement
- Transitions should be sent as close to realtime as possible
- The Provider API will throttle requests at a rate agreed with the commercial team (default 10 requests per second). 429 responses may be returned if the provider exceeds the throttling rate amd the provider should implement an appropriate backoff before retrying
A requirement of consuming the Provider API is the ability to handle notifications sent from the Sage Banking Service. Notifications (webhooks) are sent to the registered callback url and occur when an end user attempts the following:
- User Signup’s to a bank feed for their chosen provider and account type
- User disconnects the bank feed
- Authorisation has expired
- Ability to identify the customer from the bank id in the request
Setting up and making requests
Sage has assembled a Postman Collection to illustrate the Sage Banking Service Provider API methods and workflow.
Read the Provider API Postman Collection guide.