Steps to get started with the Sage People API.
- Obtain a trial environment
- Sage People API permission set
- Obtain an Access token
- Postman Collection
- Get help or provide feedback
Obtain a trial environment
Request your Salesforce trial environment by email from [email protected]. When your trial environment has been created and set up, you will receive your user details by email. The trial environment has:
- Sage People HCM and API packages installed
- an API user with the Sage People API permission set, which grants the user an appropriate level of access to the key employment objects and fields
- a System Administrator user
- a Connected App to enable you to use OAuth2.0 User-Agent flow to authenticate with Salesforce. For more information on Salesforce procedures for authenticating external apps
- a set of sample data
Sage People API permission set
When you receive the trial environment, it comes with the API user already created and with the API permission set assigned. To check that your API user has the permissions, go to Setup > Administration Setup > Manage Users > Users and select your user from the list. Scroll down to the Permission Set Assignments Related List and check that the Sage People API permission is assigned.
Obtain an Access token
You need a bearer token for the API user in each call you make to the Sage People API. You can use any authentication flow supported by Salesforce, for more information refer to the Salesforce OAuth documentation.
Salesforce OAuth is managed via a Connected App. The Connected App you create for the Sage People API will require the following OAuth scopes:
Access and manage your data (api)
You can use Postman to create your API calls. Download Postman
In order to use any of the requests within the Postman collection, you must set the following two variables:
The other variables are only used for some requests.
Get help or provide feedback
If you have any questions, feedback or functionality requests, email them to [email protected].